POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Permanent glows in MegaPov : Re: Permanent glows in MegaPov Server Time
28 Jun 2024 15:10:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Permanent glows in MegaPov
From: David Wallace
Date: 18 Jul 2003 02:28:00
Message: <3f179370$1@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <cja### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3f16447f@news.povray.org>,
>  "David Wallace" <dar### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
>
> > I find that the glows in otsReadout show up in the scene even when the
> > parent object that is supposed to contain them is omitted from the
scene.

> In the current version of the patch, objects can not contain glows.
> You've specified the glows as usual, you just did it inside the object
> declaration.
>
> --
> Christopher James Huff <cja### [at] earthlinknet>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~cjameshuff/
> POV-Ray TAG: chr### [at] tagpovrayorg
> http://tag.povray.org/

Unfortunately, the glows have to be part of an object.  The readout display
is on a tray that is meant to roll from one end of a basin to another (macro
sets position).  The whole main object, a type of operating table with a
central drain in the basin, is meant to be replicated with differing
readouts (macro combined with random seed pulls this off).

The glows are meant to indicate which lights are on as I have yet to find a
better solution.  Media, either scattering or emitting, is useless.  The
lights are meant to be colored plastic bulbs (filter 1) that show up when
lit, but the light source has little if any effect on the surface.  Any
suggestions (code preferred)?